Unable to convert file 0 to printable format

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Mon Apr 4 17:27:24 PDT 2005

Steve wrote:
> Dan, thanks. Ubuntu's not using gimp-print, AFAIK.
>
> A better diagnostic would be nice. I have the feeling that a lot of people are just giving up because of this.
>
> Cheers,
> - Steve.
>

>>Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but anyway, it looks
>>like CUPS will complain that it can't find Ghostscript if there are
>>*any* problems in the rendering process.
>>
>>Dan

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Ubuntu's not using gimp-print".
Do you mean that your printer requires gimp-print but CUPS isn't finding
it? Did you get it working? If you did, telling the Ubuntu team about it
would be a good idea.

And yes, the error in the cups log leaves a little to be desired. It's
possible that cranking up the verbosity level could help. I haven't
tried it myself - I fixed my problem by making a wild guess based on the
error in the CUPS log, but it's possible that it could have been more
specific if the verbosity level was higher.

Dan