[cups.general] duplex doesn't work - please help

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Apr 5 03:47:25 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Apr 5 05:38 Helmut Jarausch wrote (shortened):
> On both, an HP 2300dn and an HP 4050N,
> the option sides=two-sided-long-edge seems to get ignored.
>
> I have configured these for duplex printing.
>
> lphelp shows
>    2-Sided Printing:  -o Duplex=<choice>
>
>       <choice> can be one of the following:
>
>       None  (Off (1-Sided))
> ====> DuplexNoTumble  (Flip on Long Edge (Standard), default)
>       DuplexTumble  (Flip on Short Edge)

What about using the option as indicated, i.e.:

lp -d <queue> -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble file.ps

> Still, it simply prints single-sided only.
> What am I missing and how to debug this?

Do you create your documents using pstutils (pstops, psnup, ...)?
If yes, then note that pstutils makes wrong PostScript DSC comments
which results that some printer options which are set by PostScript
code snippets do no longer work.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de