[cups.general] duplex doesn't work - please help

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Apr 6 01:35:29 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Apr 5 11:46 Helge Blischke wrote (shortened):
> ... I offered to update the psutils package to make it DSC
> conformant if there are needs, but I never got any request.

I am happy with the CUPS "Document Options" but it seems
they do not always satisfy all the needs of the users.

It is no problem to use the pstops filter in CUPS
as standalone filter like the psutils, for example:

echo -e "One\fTwo\fThree\fFour\f" \
 | a2ps -1 -o - \
 | /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops job user title 1 \
                               '-o page-ranges=2-4 -o number-up=2' \
                               2>/dev/null 1>/tmp/out.ps

Wouldn't it be better to enhance the CUPS pstops filter
than working on another tool which would do the same?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de