CUPS/PPD/PJL overview (was: Re: [cups.general] duplex doesn't work -

Wolfgang Wegner ww at nt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 7 02:50:53 PDT 2005

Hi Johannes,

thank you for this short introduction and for the link to
your page!

This seems to fill my informational gap, I (tried to) browse
the documentation on the CUPS page, but either I missed this
part because of the wealth of information, or this particular
things are missing there.

BTW, I would not say Lexmark does not care, there do exist PPD
files, but not for this old printer model - and my experience
with other companies WRT support for outdated models is not in
any way better...

Thank you and best regards,
Wolfgang