laserjet 5p stops between pages

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Apr 8 13:40:32 PDT 2005

I have a Hp laserjet 5p connected via parport. I am using cups 1.1.23 on a slackware 10.1 box.
The problem I am having is that the printer pauses between each page that is being printed (like cups is sending the next page). This didnt happen when I was running Freebsd with cups. It really slows down the printing process since I have to wait an additional 5-10 seconds between each page.
I dont know if this is a driver issue because I switched to the cups/gimp print driver and it did the same thing. How can I fix this?