Windows 2000 PostScript driver - where can I get it?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Sat Apr 9 08:59:14 PDT 2005

Andre Doeking wrote:

> Hello!
>
> In another thread I receive the following message (I asked something about the Cups Windows Treiber 5RC3:
>
> "This driver is no longer being maintained, and the bug is fixed in the Windows 2000 PostScript driver supported by CUPS 1.1.23."
>
> Actually we are using Cups 1.1.22 delivered with Fedora 3.
>
> It should not be the problem to install the newest version, but it seems that I don't correctly understand the usage of the Windows 2000 PostScript driver.
>
> The Windows 2000 PostScript driver is the same like the Cups-Driver 5rc3, isn't it? Else, where can I get the Windows 2000 PostScript driver? It is possible delivered with Cups 1.1.23 or can I receive it elsewhere from the internet.
>
> Thank you for your answers!

If I remember correctly, the folks at easysw still are fighting some
quirks with that
software (putting the CUPS related extensions into it), but you may use
the original
driver supplied with the W2K system as it is.

Helge

PS: Be aware that that driver has serious issues with certain Type1
fonts (so called
Pi-fonts) the glyphs of which have names outside the WinAnsi range.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung