Cups is very slow in printing MS Word documents

Andre Doeking doeking at t-online.de
Mon Apr 11 03:44:37 PDT 2005

Hello!

We have install the printserver under Gentoo 2005.0 with Samba 3.0.10 and Cups 1.1.23Rc1 (both emerged with Gentoo). And we are using the originally WinXP Postscript driver.

If we print pdf documents from i.e. the Adobe Reader, the printserver will be very fast and he will print page on page.

But if we print a MS Word document from a Win XP client, the print is very slow. The printer will pause after normally every site for 2-3 seconds and then will print on.

Are there any paramters which I should change?

I also have modified the mime.convs and mime.types (uncomment the both octet-stream)

smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup=[Domain]
server string = Printserver %v