CUPS Server by ip rather than name

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Apr 12 06:30:09 PDT 2005

This is a small home network.  The cups server is a suse 9.0 box.

The workstations are portables that operate in this and other networks. They are running cups server as well to pick up the broadcasts form the network server.

Here is the problem.  The server broadcasts its availability by name rather than ip number.  For reasons too complicated to go into, I need the broadcast to be by ip number in order for the laptops to work in different locations (no -- I cannot change their hosts file to handle this).

How can I configure cups to advertise its availability by ip number?