What is cupsd doing at this stages?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 14 10:15:44 PDT 2005

Anonymous wrote:
> Is there a future plan of implementing a database to be used with CUPS?

For what?  Configuration data?  Log files?  ???

> Finally, I've also posted a message couple of days ago about load-
> balance and fail-safe operation with BrowseAddress on servers only. Is
> that possible? I've tested it and the client was able to print to the
> primary server(using ServerName) but when the primary server is down,
> it's not able to print to the secondary server. As if the secondary
> server doesn't exist.

The implicit class stuff will work with BrowseAddress as long as the
servers are on the same subnet as the clients and the clients have
browsing and implicit classes enabled (the default).  If you aren't
seeing implicit classes, then the client isn't getting browse packets
from one of the servers...