[cups.general] printer queue stops on print error

William Bear bear at umn.edu
Mon Apr 18 12:37:43 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've been having an issue with cups-1.1.22 on RHEL 4.  I've googled, and
search the doc, but I can't find anything.  When a remote network
printer drops a connection (or other printer error), even briefly, cups
stops the printer queue until you manually restart the queue.  I assume
this is a feature to stop jobs from being sent to down or malfunctioning
printers.  Can you disable this feature?

We have some old network wire in our building, and sometimes printers
drop the connection.  We would like the queue to remain and keep trying
the printer.  We don't want to give users access to start and stop
queues, but we also don't want to restart the queues everytime a
connection is dropped.

Thanks,

Will

--