Windows-domain in username makes user:passwd visible in URI

Jochen Antesberger jochen-discard at ozark.de
Mon Apr 18 17:50:30 PDT 2005

Using the web- or kde-interfaces to cups they normally don't show the
logon-part of the device-URI. I'm using a couple of printers, shared by
Win2k workstations, and I have to logon using the Windows-domain and my
login, i.e. domain/username:password at win2k-workstation/printer.

However the slash seems to confuse cups and it shows the full URI
including the password when viewing the printers as nonprivileged user.

Is there anything I can do about it? I tried double-quotes but they become
part of the URI and render it invalid.

Cheers,

Jochen