[cups.general] printer queue stops on print error

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Apr 19 05:45:27 PDT 2005

William Bear wrote:

> I've been having an issue with cups-1.1.22 on RHEL 4.  I've googled, and
> search the doc, but I can't find anything.  When a remote network
> printer drops a connection (or other printer error), even briefly, cups
> stops the printer queue until you manually restart the queue.  I assume

I've the same problem with CUPS 1.1.21 (Suse 9.2)! My customers get
angry calling me permanently to enable printer queues. Please
developers, implement a function that stops disabling! Otherwise I have
to avoid CUPS where I can and replace it by samba.

(In my case cups is printing to a lpd host)

Perhaps somebody here has a script that checks all printer queue states
and enables all printers that are disabled? Aim is to run the script as
cronjob.

tia
Ekkard