[cups.general] remote host did not accept data file

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Apr 21 04:35:35 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Apr 21 06:30 Rainer Kohla wrote (shortened):
> Printserver: TROY-2951
> if I print jobs with more than 80k, cups doesn't stops printing.

You didn't write how you access the printserver-box
(i.e. which backend/DeviceURI) you use.
I guess you use the lpd backend.
Prefer the socket backend if your printserver-box supports it.
See the Suse Linux manuals.

> In the '/var/log/cups/error_log' I found the entry:
> remote host did not accept data file (4)

If you must use the lpd backend, have a look at your CUPS
documentation regarding the lpd backend, i.e. something like
http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#LPD_OPTIONS

Finally ask the manufacturer of your printserver-box
how to send data to this piece of hardware.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de