HP Laserjet 1020

Robert Bamler Robert.Bamler at gmx.de
Mon Apr 25 07:17:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

> If I look at the kernel messages I receive the following:
> usb 1-5: usb timed out on ep0in
> drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: failed reading printer status

I get the same error. It first says:

#dmesg|grep usb
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
usb 4-2: new high speed USB device using address 2
usb 4-2: Product: HP LaserJet 1020
usb 4-2: Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
usb 4-2: SerialNumber: FN03HHJ
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x2B17
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usblp
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver

Then, when I start the HP device manager:

#dmesg|grep usb
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: nonzero read/write bulk status received: -2
usb 4-2: control timeout on ep0in
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: error = -110 setting HP channel

Please tell me if you find a solution. I will tell you if I find one, too.

Thanks,
Robert