CUPS automatically stops printers

Joris joris at nospam.com
Mon Apr 25 07:23:22 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm running a gentoo based samba/cups printserver.
I do have the same problem, which seems to occur on the same
printer : an HP laserjet 8150.
All the others network printer don't seem to be affected by this
issue.

Moreover, i have a "Print file sent, waiting for printer to
finish..." on it, although they're no jobs on this printer,
strange isn't it ?

Cups is configured to use the "socket" protocol.

Anyone can help with this bug ?? Maybe it's not related to Cups,
but i don't find any relevant infos about this issue in cups' logs.