hp LaserJet 1010 does not print, but cups says its completed

David Brownlee david.brownlee at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 07:37:08 PDT 2005

This is a guess assuming the problem is nothing prints.

Before you added the printer and before CUPS was started, was the
printer turned on?  The device URI looks suspicious.  If I run
/usr/lib/cups/backend/usb before my Epson printer is turned on, the
first line of output contains usb:/dev/usb/lp0.  After turning on the
printer, usb:/dev/usb/lp0 changes to usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20870.

With the printer on, run /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb.  If the device URI
is not usb:/dev/usb/lp0, try fixing the device URI in
/etc/cups/printers.conf and restarting CUPS.