Force papersize to A4

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Apr 26 03:28:16 PDT 2005

Kevin Ivory wrote:

> Hi Helge,
>
> On 2005-04-22 18:02, Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Kevin Ivory wrote:
> >>Before adding your snippet, I got a page with the message:
> >>ERROR: configurationerror
> >>OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice
> >>ERRORINFO: [/PageSize [612 792]]
> ..
> > Damned typos ...
> >
> > replace the "_sys_setppagedevice" by "_sys_setpagedevice" (without the
> > quotes),
> > please.
>
> thanks for revisiting your code. Now the code does not seem to
> do anything - I get the same error message as from the original ppd.
> Does it depend on the type of PostScript? My normal example is
> firefox/mozilla printing with its default letter paper config.
> I looked into the firefox/mozilla code:
>
> %%BeginProlog
> /setpagedevice where
> { pop 1 dict
>   dup /PageSize [ 612 792 ] put
>   setpagedevice
> } if
>
> Any ideas?

Yes. Revisiting my last posts, I found another typo which I overlooked:
is must read PageSize , not Pagesize.

To be sure, once more the code to put into the job patch file (tested,
and
pasted from the text file):

---snip---
/_sys_setpagedevice /setpagedevice load def
/setpagedevice
{
        dup/PageSize known
        {dup/PageSize [595 842] put}if