Test page: Change to print margin rulers

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Apr 28 05:07:49 PDT 2005

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Michael Sweet wrote:

> >>There are several RFEs for improving the test page; one of them
> >>includes adding a ruler, although at this point I'm not sure how
> >>we will implement it (we can get the imageable area but not the
> >>actual page size in a portable way...)
> >>

> > ... but you could get the languagelevel value and, if it is >= 2,
> > evaluate
> > the contents of the dictionary returned by currentpagedevice.
>
> Right, but even that won't work for some level 2+ devices if they
> don't use the page device dictionary... :(

.... in that case they do not conform to the PostScript specification as
defined in the PLRM. I must commit that some printer vendors like to do
their own stuff, but I'm not really sure what the goals of such (and
often
only poorly documented) proprietary designs are.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung