Problem with 'pdftops' filter

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Apr 29 10:30:40 PDT 2005

Julien Bossert wrote:

> Helge:
> [...]
> >
> > Post (an URL to) both the PS and the PDF in question. I'd like to look
> > into.
>
> http://a14574.free.fr/cups/

Thanks for the sample files. All print OK, i.e. without any shift on a
native PostScript
printer (I'm using CUPS 1.1.19).
The config-file options for the alternate pdftops filter I'm using are:
---snip---
psPaperSize match
psCrop yes
psExpandSmaller no
psShrinkLarger yes
psCenter yes

psLevel level2

psEmbedType1Fonts yes
psEmbedTrueTypeFonts yes
psEmbedCIDTrueTypeFonts yes
psEmbedCIDPostScriptFonts yes

psOPI no
psASCIIHex no
---snip---

I suppose the "psPaperSize match" is the essential, as the built-in
default for the
pdftops utility is Letter, I think. That would explain the shift. If you
only print
to A4, you could change the "match" to "A4".

If you still encounter difficulties, post how your printer is configured
and post
(an URL to) the printer's PPD, please.

Helge

PS: though your PostScript files except t3.ps are not fully DSC
compliant, they pass
through CUPS' pstops filter correctly.
--
Helge Blischke