Print as image

colin at breame.net colin at breame.net
Fri Apr 29 19:28:00 PDT 2005

> Not by default, AFAIK, but you may set up a filter script which calls
> Ghostscript using
> the psgray or psrgb device (depending on if your printer does colors or
> not).
> The resulting ouput is a PS stream one image per page.
>
> Helge

Thanks Helge.

I edited the ppd file, adding to the foomatic rip command line.  I now have:

*FoomaticRIPCommandLine: "gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=psgray -sOutpu&&
tFile=- - | gs -q -dBATCH -dPARANOIDSAFER -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=i&&
js -sIjsServer=hpijs%A%B%C -dIjsUseOutputFD%Z -sOutputFile=- -"

This seems to work a treat!  All those documents I couldn't print before I now can.  Marvellous!