Script for accounting

apkwa takaanna at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:18:15 PDT 2005

I'm new in CUPS (I am using LPRng). The reason why I don't use Cups yet, is only because of user quota.

I don't want to use Pykota, it needs too much dependencies.
So I'm going to write my own script for user accounting but I don't know if it's possible with Cups.

I mean, LPRng can use ifhp filter which allows to provide our own script. This script is launched with filestart or fileend and other arguments.

Is it possible to make such a script works with Cups?

Thanks.