[cups.general] printing options

Bernhard Kalhoff G4-X-Saf kalhoff at raisdorf.de
Wed Aug 3 05:30:54 PDT 2005

Thank you for your reply.
The printer definition is as follows:
printer1 is permanently re-directed to printer2 using device URI
=ipp://localhost/printers/printer2
where printer2 uses a normal backend.

If the lp/lpr command with options is given for printer2, the options
are passed to the backend.
If the command is given for printer1 then the options are not passed
to printer2.

Is this a feature or an error ?

Is there a better method to re-direct a queue ?

Bernhard