CUPS won't start

Henrique henrique.cicuto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:34:25 PDT 2005

Good morning
I'm having an issue trying to start the cupsd daemon over Slackware 10.1.
I've already configured /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, but everytime I run /usr/sbin/cupsd, I receive the "cupsd: Child exited on signal 15!".
Checking /var/log/cups/error_log, there is a "No valid Listen or Port lines were found in the configuration file!", but lines "Port 631" and "<ip_address>:631" are uncommented.
I set loglevel to debug2, but even so those are the only messages I receive.

What could be wrong?
I thank in advance