problem defining new mime types

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Aug 5 05:05:29 PDT 2005

Hi!

although i have been reading the CUPS docs and Johannes Meixner's http://portal.suse.com/sdb/de/2003/05/jsmeix_print-cups-filters.html i still fail to set up a new mime type.

many lines of my input data start out with Hex<10>, followed by printable characters. the first line is either "<10>$03EXRV 2.1" or it starts out with "#OPRT(" followed only by printable characters.

in my ppd - file i do already have a definition for a special application to process my data "*cupsFilter: "text/plain 0 /opt/detec/lsoft/bin/lscups""

all my attempts to set up new mime types in "mime.types" for my data and adding "*cupsFilter" entries to my ppd failed. The only way i got a little success was for the "#OPRT(..." case: i changed the line "text/plain txt printable(0,1024)" to "text/plain txt printable(0,1024) string(0,"#OPRT(")" in mime.types. then everything woked fine. but i still can't process data starting out with <10> and i would prefer not to change "text/plain" in "mime.types" globally on the server.

can anybody help me out?

thanks a lot!

marc