Cups 6 splitting documents

chuck riley criley at nospamogse.com
Fri Aug 5 13:29:34 PDT 2005

I'm running into a peculiar problem with the Cups 6 drivers for windows and I don't know whether to submit this to the bug forum or not.

I am using samba to automatically download the necessary drivers for a printer (CUPSPS6.DLL, CUPSUI6.DLL, CUPS6.PPD, PS5UI.DLL, PSCRIPT5.DLL, PSCRIPT.HLP and PSCRIPT.NTF), and it is printing most documents just fine from the windows 2000 box.

However, with one records management program, it is not working correctly.  The document has a table with a visible border with headings just like any form you would fill out and then it fills that table with the pertinent information.  With any other driver, it prints this just fine, but with this Cups 6 setup, it prints the form on one page and the data on the next.  The position is correct on both pages, but I don't want to hold all of my documents up to the light in order to read them correctly ;-)

I tried setting the "Available Postscript Memory" to a higher value (4096), but it had no effect.

Any hints?

My apologies if this is a newb question or non-cups related, but this one has me stumped.