Cups 6 splitting documents

chuck riley criley at ogse.com
Fri Aug 5 14:20:15 PDT 2005

> > However, with one records management program, it is not working
> > correctly.  The document has a table with a visible border with
> > headings just like any form you would fill out and then it fills that
> > table with the pertinent information.  With any other driver, it
> > prints this just fine, but with this Cups 6 setup, it prints the form
> > on one page and the data on the next.  The position is correct on
> > both pages, but I don't want to hold all of my documents up to the
> > light in order to read them correctly ;-)
>
> Hmm, I've never heard of or seen this behavior...  If you can submit
> a STR and attach a sample print file (click the "print to file" in the
> print dialog), then we can take a look and see what is going wrong...

Sorry to be difficult, but the data is of sensitive nature.  The thing is, it is actually splitting it before it writes the postscript.  Using ps2ascii I would get something along the lines of:

First Name Last Name Age Sex
Height Weight
Date
%%[Page: 1]%%
chuck riley 24 M
5'7" 137
now
%%[Page 2]%%

I've tried my best to duplicate it with excel, access, word and other programs, but only this records management system will do it.

If you can't help without the text version, I completely understand.

Thanks for your help.

chuck