Text printer

mark at mms-uk.com mark at mms-uk.com
Sat Aug 6 09:54:30 PDT 2005

Hi

I have an old epson dot matrix printer (FX-880+) that I'd like to use to print labels containing just text in the standard font used be the printer.

I'd like to achieve this using OpenOffice as the program generating the labels.

Whatever font I select under OpenOffice it is attempted to be re-created at the print.  However dot matrix printers are not very good at creating graphics (even if just a font) so all text looks horrible.

How can I get OpenOffice/the printer queue to just print normal dot matrix text ??

Regards
MARK