[cups.general] [solved] cups/gs problem--text not printing

Kenward Vaughan kay_jay at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 9 00:05:26 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 07:52:57AM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I have CUPS set up on a Debian Sid machine with both an hp 1200 and an
> Epson R300 printer.  After I updated the system last week, printing
> stopped working properly on both printers for most documents.
> I've reinstalled and reconfigured basically every font package I have
> on the system (gsfonts ec-fonts-mftraced gsfonts-x11 latex-xft-fonts
> msttcorefonts xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-scalable),
> as well as gs-esp and psfontmgr.
> ps. Another issue that cropped up at the same time was the loss of
> printing under the Gimp, but I'm guessing that is different than this

Problem was solved by downgrading to an earlier version of gs-esp and
reinstalling the gimp-print package.  I don't know if the gs-esp
problem is Debian specific or not, but found the problems listed as
bugs on debian.org.  Hadn't been crawled by Google yet, I guess.

I know a heck of a lot more about tracking bugs now, though.  ;-)

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,