CUPS refuses to print through LPT

Andrej aa at quick.cz
Tue Aug 9 15:56:27 PDT 2005

Hello, I have a problem similar to this one:

http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.general+v:21896

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to use a solution similar to the one proposed in the thread. In my case, the error message occurs on the same place, but it is a bit different. I omitted the date/time stamps.

Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in %set_screen_continue
Operand stack:
false -0.0687371
tail process done writing data to STDOUT

The surrounding lines are exactly the same as those in the thread I mentioned, so I didn't include them here.

What could be wrong? Where's the wrong operand? Is it somewhere in the Ghostscript config files?

Some more details
Printer: Minolta PagePro 1300W with min12xxw.
Port: LPT, interrupt-driven, IRQ 7, ecp mode
Drivers: min12xxw, CUPS, ppd file from linuxprinting.org, foomatic-rip - everything installed

Symptoms
The printer starts blinking as if it was receiving data. (This is DIFFERENT from the thread I mentioned.) But it blinks forever and doesn't print anything.

Further experience with the printer:
Works perfectly through USB on another computer. That machine runs the same distro, has the same drivers installed etc. If only I knew where the difference could be!

I'd be glad if someone could give me a hint. Thanx!