What keeps overwriting my cupsd.conf?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Aug 12 08:59:50 PDT 2005

Righto -- I moved it from S to K in my rc3 and rc5 -- I think that's roughly what chkconfig stop does.

Any ideas what this daemon does, other than inconveniently overwrite my conf file?  Is it for autodetecting new printers on the network / plugged into the localhost?  Or does CUPS itself handle those tasks?

Thanks again!