Accessing memory cards inserted into HP Photosmart 8450

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Sun Aug 14 16:13:56 PDT 2005

I have recently bought an HP Photosmart 8450 and printing photos and ordinary documents is OK. But it is possible to access images in a memory card inserted into the card reader of this printer. This is clearly demonstrated on windows software where the card simulates a disk drive with drive letter Z:.

In linux I would expect this to be available through mounting a device - but which device? My Photosmart 8450 is network connected via a router and is accessible to all of my various systems.

Regards,
Erik P. Olsen