CUPS and PCL Escape Sequence Commands

jeff.stlouis at ssiinc.ca jeff.stlouis at ssiinc.ca
Tue Aug 16 12:14:25 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have been using SCO's HPNP utility for configuring my Laser printers up til now.  I went ahead and setup CUPS so that I could use it instead.

My problem is that CUPS is NOT recognizing the PCL Escape Sequence commands I have embedded in my software to configure different portions of my reports, etc...

In my software I would send the following command

9b (Hex Esc)

then I would send

(s12v(s6h(s3B

This was to format size and look of our company name

then I would send

&k4S

then another Hex Esc (9b), then

(s16v(s9h(s3B

then a little after i would send another &k4s

This would change the format again for me.

Anyhow, this worked great before I installed CUPS.  Since then, CUPS just prints those before the text it's suppose to change.

Any suggestions on why this won't work for me?  Should I be using another set of commands.

My two printers include an HP LaserJet 1200 and a Dell Laser 1700n.

Thanks,