Odd page size default

Toby Blake toby at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 25 05:43:00 PDT 2005

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Michael Sweet wrote:

> CUPS sets the initial default page size based upon the locale - more
> than likely either the locale is not properly set or the scheduler is
> not picking up the currently configured language.  What locale is
> set?

Errr, I feel a bit foolish, but I have absolutely no idea - you can set
a region in the International System Preferences pane, which is set to
UK, also you can set your time zone in the Date/Time pane, but nothing
specifically mentioning locale seems to appear anywhere.  How does CUPS
find out what locale is set?

> It would probably be useful to report this to Apple (via the printing
> list at lists.apple.com) so they can look into this as well...

Cheers
Toby