Odd page size default

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Aug 26 06:29:13 PDT 2005

Toby Blake wrote:
>> Use "lpadmin -p printer -o PageSize=A4" to set the default in the
>> PPD.
>

> Ah, OK - I hadn't noticed that distinction - thanks for that.  I've got
> my ppd files sorted now - fixing the DefaultLanguage helped things a lot
> in terms of A4/Letter issues.  Thanks for all your help with this - much
> appreciated.
>
>> Hopefully some day we'll be able to help you there... :)
>

> Yes, hopefully - do you have a timescale for this?  I'm looking to
> experiment more with CUPS on a test print server in our environment over
> the next 6 months or so.

It won't happen before CUPS 1.3, so you are at least 6 months away
from something to test, and 12 months for a stable 1.3 release (at
this point those timeframes are total guesses, since we haven't
released a stable 1.2 yet, but we do plan on focusing on 1 or 2
new features per minor release and doing more frequent minor
releases from now on...)