cupsd.conf IPv6

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun Aug 28 22:51:54 PDT 2005

hi thanks for your quick help

first of all, i have installed the cups-1.2.x-r4608.tar.gz; i tried using my printserver's ipv6-only fqdn ( Listen marge6.sylvia.test:631)
but i get the error:
No valid listen or port lines were found in the configuration file.
httpGetHostByName("marge6.sylvia.test") failed - zu diesem namen gehört keine adresse (translation by me: no name belongs to this address)
bad listen address marge6.sylvia.test

of course, there is a working AAAA dns record for marge6 which i can ping as well. i didn't have to add ipv6 support manually? (st. like ./configure enable ipv6)?
what did i configure wrong? is there any other file i have to edit?
thank u so much for your help!!!
best wishes
sylvia