"Printer disabled" - how to prevent it?

rverduijn at brilmij.nl rverduijn at brilmij.nl
Mon Aug 29 02:24:35 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I got the same problem and I think I know what causes it.

I've got a lot of cups servers that keep telling me printers are disabled, I've found out that most of the time this is caused by physical errors.
ie the printer is turned off, has a paper jamm, no paper, toner empty, replace drum, etc etc.

But when the problem is fixed cups does not enable the printer.

Anybody who knows to tell cups to check at intervals to see if the printer is available again and enable it automagically?

Regards
Rob