Cross compiling esp ghostscript

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Aug 19 04:57:57 PDT 2005

kernel2.6 at gmx.net wrote:

> I'm trying to cross-compile espgs (with arm-linux-gcc). But during the compile, the makefiles attempt to run one of the target executables.  This
> executable was compiled with the cross-compiler, so it obviously won't execute:
> /obj/echogs -w ./obj/devs.tr - -include ./obj/unix_
> /obj/echogs: ./obj/echogs: cannot execute binary file
> make: *** [obj/devs.tr] Error 126
>
> Is there a way to configure the espgs so that it doesn't try to execute echogs?

Not that I'd know of. But an awkward workaround springs into my mind:

- configure and compile epsgs for your development system.
- hack the makefile for cross compiling not to compile echogs but copy it from
  the obj directory of your development version.

Let us know if it works.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke