How to obtain list for Make/Model boxes ?

markus.grunwald at pruftechnik.com markus.grunwald at pruftechnik.com
Thu Aug 25 03:33:40 PDT 2005

Hello,

(strange - seems my first post with my mail program didn't reach the list... sorry if it arrives twice now!)

I have to write a gui frontend for creating a new cups printer. It seems to be the easiest way to use the lpadmin program to create the printer, but I have one problem:

Where can I get the lists that the cups "add printer" cgi presents to the user (Make and Model) ? Do I have to parse ppd files or is there an easier way to obtain that info ?

Many thanks,

Markus Grunwald