Hooks for per-page dialog?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Aug 30 12:24:05 PDT 2005

Hello,

    I'm developing a kiosk system on Mac OS X.  I have a requirement that says I need to be able to bring up a dialog when a user is about to print so that the user can purchase pages.  I need to be able to let them print only those pages that they've paid for, and then stop and bring the dialog back up if they run out of pages.  Furthermore, I need to be able to differentiate between black and white and color pages as the price is different for each.

    What I'd like to know is if someone can point me in the direction of how to do this within cups?  I'm hoping I can hack some source so that I can call into an external library of mine that pops a dialog and handles all the monetary stuff, and then returns to cups the amount of printing resources that it's allowed to use.

    I'm not really familiar with cups so any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Brian