HP DesignJet 1050C paper size problem

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Dec 1 00:43:45 PST 2005

Hi all,

I am using a Debian machine to print out PDF files. The files are drawings of machines but I guess that is not that important. I have 3 formats of paper size: A0, A1, A2.

The files are stored locally on the Debian machine and are being printed via shell command.

The paper in the printer is a roll of paper in the size of A0.

The configuration of the printer is set to rotate the page if needed and the medium size is set to A0.

When I print an A0 drawing the drawing is correctly rotated but the size of the print is 50% of an A0 drawing (so it is being shrinked into an A1 page)

When I print an A1 drawing the size is OK but the drawing is 90° rotated so I would have to cut access paper, which is actually not acceptable (I will have to cut about 300 sheets of paper by hand...)

When I print an A2 drawing the size is OK but it is again 90° rotated.

I use the normal DesignJet 1050C driver I found on this site (since January).
Configuration: rotate is set to YES, Scaling of drawing is set to NO, media size is set to ISO A0, media source is set to ROLLER. As far as I understand all the other things are not relevant for the size of the print.

I would be very thankful for any tip or idea you could offer

thanks, Dekers