Printing pdf files with multiple page sizes

Biker C bikerc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 10:03:43 PST 2005

Hi:

Here is my problem. I have to print pdf files that have multiple page sizes. For instance, I have a document that has a letter size page and 3 legal size pages. To print such a document I actually issue 3 lp commands because the last 2 legal size pages have to be printed on both sides.

Here is my problem. We print to a xerox workcentre pro 45 printer and this printer was configured to print a banner for each job. When I print the document it prints three extra pages. Now here are my questions:

Is there a way to print this as a single job? Can I tell lp to print page 1 on letter, page 2 on legal, page 3-4 on legal both sides all in one command?

These are the commands that I use to print this document are:

lp -d $1 -P 1 $2
lp -d $1 -P 2 -o PageSize=Legal $2
lp -d $1 -P 3-4 -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o PageSize=Legal $2

where $1 is the printer name and $2 is the pdf file name.

I looked in the ppd file that I use to print there is no way to turn off the banner printing, and, the other thing is I might not be able to convince the users to turn off the banner printing.

Thank you