Extra blank page after each job

Daniel dolmedilla at terra.es
Sun Dec 4 02:44:01 PST 2005

My problem is that after each job I send to the printer, an extra blank page is printed at the end.

Some solutions I found in google didn't help me:

- Add sf=true to printcap. CUPS rewrites the printcap file and therefore it does not last. I didn't find the possibility to add this parameter to cups.

- Set accounting to 0 in /etc/foomatic/filter.conf. It didn't help.

- Set "my $ps_accounting" to 0 in /usr/lib/cups/filter/cupsomatic. It didn't help either.

I do not know what and how to tweak in my configuration files in order to avoid the blank page. It is definitely a configuration problem because from Windows it does not happen.

I am using Gentoo (kernel 2.6.12) and cups v1.1.23. The printer is a HP PSC 950 in a network.

Thanks in advance,