[cups.general] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] cups or gutenprint-5.0beta4 build problem.

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Dec 4 05:02:10 PST 2005

   From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
   Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:00:07 -0500

   I seem to have arrived at a set of settings for the cups driver for
   my c82 printer that are causeing darker colors to be badly
   solarized and my attempts to print my christmas cards are unusable.
   This is printing from OOo-2.0, which I used to compose the card as
   a bifold with a pix on top and greetings text on the facing fold.

   Figuring a fresh install of gutenprint might fix it I tried to
   build gutenprint-5.00-beta4, (or am I confused and this is a cups
   configuration problem?) but after a successfull configure, the make
   exits with this:

I'd use rc1 rather than beta4.  As for the pango problem, my guess is
that you need the pango-devel package (most rpm-based systems separate
the development package from the runtime package).

   In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcolor.h:4,
		    from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:30,
		    from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:31,
		    from ../../include/gutenprintui2/gutenprintui.h:41,
		    from printrcy.y:30:
   /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:33:25: pango/pango.h: No such file
   or directory