stop: printing half a job at a time

Shea Martin sheam at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 4 16:24:05 PST 2005

I am printing sheets of photos.  I do 5 copies at a time.  Because they are
photos, they take a looooooonnng time to spool (10 minutes of solid cpu
time for gs).  The actual job size is about 90 MB.  The sheet gets half
printed, then gs fires up again, and after a few more minutes the rest of
the sheet is printed.  This is repeated for every copy.

My guess is that some size limit is set in cups which says only process so
much at a time.  I am betting if I this limit was set high enough, it would
not stop in the middle of the sheet, and subsequent copies would be printed
out faster.

Is my assumption correct?  Is RIPCache what I want to set?

Thanks,

~S