CUPS always uses raw driver

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Dec 6 13:33:09 PST 2005

Hello All,

I have a Fedora Core box and cannot get CUPS to use the proper driver. The printer is available on the network as a JetDirect printer via an adapter.  It is really a deskjet 1200.

When I setup a printer via lpadmin or the web interface and select the HP Deskjet Series CUPS v1.1 driver, it always reverts back to just using the RAW driver which ofcourse doesn't work too well.

If I try to modify the printer it will show that it is using the RAW driver.

I do have the deskjet2.ppd.gz under /usr/share/cups/model/.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ian