[cups.general] Printer to imageRunner Mailbox

David Schlenk david-schlenk at bethel.edu
Fri Dec 9 08:11:13 PST 2005

For imageRunners I've generally given up and set it up as a raw queue
and used the Windows PCL drivers. Supposedly some of them work with
all the copier's functionality if you use Brightq, but I don't have a
lot of good feelings for that app.

If anyone's ever accomplished more than just basic printing using the
windows PS drivers and CUPS, I'd be very interested as well.

On Dec 9, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Nick Couchman wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get CUPS to print to the
> mailbox (instead of directly to the printer) on any of the Canon
> imageRunner 5000 series printers.  I'm sure there's some part of
> the device URI or maybe even a PostScript option that you can use
> to specify the destination, but Canon seems to have dropped the
> support for the 5000 series off their web site, so documentation is
> hard to come by.

David Schlenk
Operating Systems Analyst
Bethel University