[cups.general] Printer to imageRunner Mailbox

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Mon Dec 12 07:22:13 PST 2005

If you are looking to write a filter or backend of some kind, Canon's
developer website has some good info on a number of their models.  For
the imageRunner 2270s I am working with right now, there are sample PJL
commands that can stuff things into a mailbox.  Generally it works like
this:

^[%-12345X at PJL JOB
@PJL COMMENT CANPJL SET USERNAME="jeff"
@PJL COMMENT CANPJL SET DEVICE=MAILBOX
@PJL COMMENT CANPJL SET MAILBOXNUMBER=0
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL
testing...testing...testing
^[%-12345X at PJL EOJ
^[%-12345X

I have a Perl script that can do this, but I haven't gotten it to work
with anything but trivial PCL jobs.

I am trying to force a bunch of imageRunner 2270s to print everything
into mailbox 0 (if you are interested why, I'd be happy to share :).
I've been trying to do this with the binary gobbledygook the Windows
vendor drivers produce (whether PS, PCL5, or PCL6) but it has been
problematic.  I would settle for printing to a hold queue of some sort.
Hold queues supposedly exist on most multifunction devices, and I have
been told they exist on these, but I can find no documentation on it
whatsoever.  Now I am being told it does not exist on this model.  Yay.

So again, if anyone has any further insight into how something like this
can be accomplished, I'd be very interested. :)