Custom CUPS Filters

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Dec 13 10:48:51 PST 2005

> trice at teleflora.com wrote:
> >
> > We are migrating from SCO to Linux and are running into an issue setting up Filter Scripts with printers in CUPS. We need to setup a specific Shell script for a print queue (fax) by setting up a custom .conv and/or .type. Can anyone send an example of how to set this up correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom
>
> Perhaps you could describe what you have done in the past on your SCO box for us to see how to
> migrate that to CUPS.
>
> Helge
>
> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
> SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> http://www.srz.de

Sure, We setup a print queue called "fax" and install our script call "fax" as the SCO interface script. SCO dumps the print jobs through these "interface" scripts for automatic filtering. The SCO interface scripts are located in /usr/spool/lp/admins/interfaces. Is this enough of a description? If not let me know and I will try to include additional information.

Thanks,

Tom