Passing options - stapling

Edgar edgar at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Dec 16 15:43:57 PST 2005

I would like to print from a SuSE Linux system using CUPS v 1.13
to a Xerox Document Centre DC265 going thru a Solaris 9 print server
using Xerox CentreWare software.

The jobs print fine, but the problem is passing the options.

For example, the option for stapling is -oStaple1P.

On Linux, I configured the printer using lpd://host/queue.

I then print using: lp -dprinter -oStaple1P filename.ps

I enabled debug2 logging and in /var/log/cups/error_log I see:

D [16/Dec/2005:17:54:43 -0500] StartJob: argv = "printer","9","user","filename.ps","1","Staple1P","/var/spool/cups/d00009-001"

However on the Solaris print server side, the option is not received.

I tried using the -oraw option with the same results.

Can someone please explain how to the options should be passed?

Thanks.

Edgar