[cups.general] Re: print job never completes

Mike Mike at kordik.net
Tue Dec 20 15:13:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:31:19 -0500, Mike wrote:

> I have an Epson C80 connected to a linux desktop computer. This desktop
> prints to it fine. The Windows computer can print and it looks like the
> job completes (that is prints the file) but the printer light is still
> flashing and the paper does not eject from the printer. CUPS says:
> "Sending print file, 486442 bytes...". The job queue says it completed and
> there are no jobs in the job queue. The Windows computer prints to a raw
> driver as it is using the Epson driver on Windows. This used to work fine.
> I am not sure what I changed to cause it not to work anymore.
>
> I deleted the drive in Windows and recreated it but still have the problem.
>
> What could this be and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks
I got desparate and recompiled cups, gimp-print, ghostprint... Still it
does not work. Sometimes it doesn't even print at all. The printer flashes
like it is receiving data but nothing.

I connected the printer to my Windows computer and it seems to print fine.
So I don't think it is the printer.

I don't think it is gimp-print or ghostscript since I can print from
Windows to Linux using the raw queue. So does this leave CUPS as the
problem?

Thanks